HAEYC recognizes and congratulates programs that pursue quality through accreditation. The following centers were recently accredited or reaccredited by the National Academy of Early Childhood Programs, a division of NAEYC. To achieve NAEYC accreditation, programs must complete a rigorous process to document that they meet national standards of excellence.
- The Early Education Center - Seagull Schools
- Seagull School at Ko Olina, Kapolei, Kailua
- Rainbow School Wahiawa, Honolulu
- Na Kamali‘i Hoaloha
- Hickam Child Development Center
- Makiki Christian Church Preschool
- Kamehameha Preschool Kona, Pahoa, Hana, Waianuenue, Kea‘au, Honaunau, Kalihi-Palma, Hoaliku Drake
- University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa Children's Center
- Joint Base Pearl Harbor/Hickam Child Development Center West
- Rosary Pre-School
- St. Joseph Early Learning Center
- L. Robert Allen Montessori Laboratory School
- KCAA Kuapa Preschool, Muriel Preschool
- ‘Ae Kamal‘i Preschool
- YMCA Leeward Preschool
- Pier Side Child Development Center
- St. Clement's School
- First Baptist Preschool of Haleiwa
- Pacific Missile Range Facility Child Development Center
- Kahului Baptist Preschool
- Wahiawa Child Development Center
- Keiki Hau‘oli Children's Center
- Petersen Child Development Center
- Helemano Child Development Center
- Kauai Montessori Project
NAEYC Accreditation of programs for young children represents the mark of quality in early childhood education. NAEYC Accreditation began in 1985 with the goal of providing an accrediting system that would raise the level of early childhood programs. Today, over 6,500 programs are NAEYC Accredited.
NAEYC accredited programs invest in early childhood education because they believe in the benefits to children and families. Early childhood experiences—from birth to age 8—have an enormous impact on children’s lifelong learning and positively contribute to their health and development. Early childhood education programs with the mark of quality benefit children with greater readiness for and success in school.
It is for this reason that parents and families are seeking out NAEYC-accredited programs. Parents choosing an early childhood education program can be overwhelmed by trying to find the highest-quality program for their child. NAEYC Accreditation is the mark of quality that families are looking for. NAEYC Accreditation gives families the chance to make the Right Choice for Kids.