Prevent the Gap, Sustain Children’s Successes, and Reap Economic Benefits for the Nation by Helping Young Children and Their Families Thrive
NAEYC’s Call to Action for the 111th Congress and new Administration can strengthen the federal partnership with states and communities in making this vision a reality for America’s young children and families. With appropriate federal policies and funding, all states and communities can develop a well-financed system of early childhood care and education with strong governance, regulation, and oversight; affordable access for all families; standards for programs, professionals, and children’s learning and development; meaningful evaluation and accountability mechanisms; and additional supports for families and children.
This Call to Action addresses the following six areas, with policy recommendations and identification of legislative and executive vehicles for action:
- Reap national economic benefits by helping children and families thrive.
- Prevent the gap from birth.
- Help families afford and programs provide high quality development and learning.
- Make every school a ready school.
- Build a high-quality early childhood education system.
- Attract, educate, and retain a high-quality early childhood workforce.
- Expand our knowledge and apply it well.